Saturday, June 30, 2012


Jim Paredes Tweets Back

This Sunday morning is both relaxing, and inspiring.

Earlier, I was tuned in to the live streaming of the The Feast at PICC. I constantly felt light and happy hearing Bro. Bo Sanchez on the background, and watching hundreds of attendees today- all worshiping our Divine Master.

Sidenote: He promoted helping He Cares Foundation, founded by Bro. Joe. He Cares is a personal favorite because it was the first foundation I went to for a feeding program as a Corporate Social Responsibility representative of Megaworld Foundation, Inc. Add to that was I did my first storytelling for street children about The Prodigal Son.

Meanwhile, on Twitter, artist Jim Paredes tweeted his article on Philippine Star which centers on the topic of Secret Doubt. As per him, secret doubt is revealed whenever we feel we are not good enough, bright enough, worthy enough, deserving enough to feel otherwise.

Julia Cameron, author of the book The Artist's Way, says secret doubt is what we all harbor deep down that makes us feel we do not deserve to lead creative lives. It is the 'doubt that we are really creative and deserving of the care we need.'

I then had an epiphany: I possess Secret Doubts. Whenever I feel like I should let go and be creative (write, read, think), something says stop, relax, leave it for tomorrow, or maybe next week. There were more moments when I feel that nobody would read my entries. Hence, the effect I wanted to instill to my readers would not be possible.

Like Jim Paredes, I just constantly remind myself that I am worthy of the recognition I receive because the Lord gave me the essentials, and I can reach whatever it is I dream of. Paredes puts it in a highly thoughtful way though, “I carry within me the Creator’s DNA and so I can’t help but be creative; that I am a force of good; and that I am capable and powerful enough to create things and situations in images and likeness that reflect the greatness of the Greatest Artist of All."

Upon reading this, I replied to him on twitter and surprisingly, he thanked me. I was sincerely more than happy to be noticed by one of my idols:


For more of Jim Paredes, visit his blogsite : http://haringliwanag.pansitan.net/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

"Big Magic" (part 1/2)

"Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear" by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of the sensational memoir "Eat, Pray, Love") Non-...

Popular Posts