Sunday, November 29, 2015

Restroom Warrior

Last Thursday I had an event for my new client in a fast food restaurant in Quezon City.

Before the program started, I went inside the restroom to pee then got out of the toilet to check my shirt and hair. There was a guy standing in front of the mirror washing his hands. I tried looking at myself in the mirror but I got conscious after just two seconds because he was obviously occupying the view.


Suddenly the guy asked, "Naggi-GA ka ba?"

"Huh?" I was confused.

"GA Tower?" He said, smiling.

"Ano po yun?" I replied.

While he continued talking to me through the mirror, "GA Tower. Condominium."

I remained speechless as he turned around and stepped closer.

"You look familiar," he continued as he closed the door.

I was starting to shake at this point.

"Ahm, no sorry," I said while twisting my hands.

Then he moved my bangs sideways as if trying to fix it as he closed, "You're cute."

I didn't know what to say except, "Thanks...ahm, I'm sorry, I actually don't know the place."

I got out of the restroom and he followed.

I was hoping that he was just one of the customers downstairs and not among the event personnel. Surprisingly, he was our client's make-up artist!

My body was still shaking so I quickly went downstairs to get water. Between the time that this guy asked me through the mirror and when I was holding my cup of water, I was only thinking of one thing: "So that's how it feels like to be picked up by a stranger?!"

Huh! Thank God I survived the challenge!

P.S. I found out later on that G.A. Tower is located in Sierra Madre, Mandaluyong. Hmm...learning new things every day right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

"Big Magic" (part 1/2)

"Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear" by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of the sensational memoir "Eat, Pray, Love") Non-...

Popular Posts