Monday, August 6, 2012

My 5-in-1 Summer

Do you know what I did last Summer? Well, I went on outings- yes, with an S. I beat the summer heat with five of them :)


Harley's 7th Birthday at Pansol, Laguna (Apr 21)

Harley is my first god son from a cousin. During his birthday's prelude, we partied overnight at their place. Honestly though, I only enjoyed the eating and picture takings. I did not drink. Instead, I finished reading "The Giver" by Lois Lowry- one of the finest childrens' book author I read.

The morning after, I simply enjoyed the day with both Sarabia and Figueroa clans. Of course, we were delighted by the children surrounding us- especially our favorite nephew- Howen :)


Baby Precious' Baptismal/ Porwan Trek at Cuenca, Batangas (May 20)

Baby Precious is the first born of my high school friend, Rose. We were invited to be her god parents. We saw it as an opportune time for a mini-reunion. There were eleven of us during that two-day trip.

The highlight of our trip is the Lumampao Trek- going down to and up from the foot of Taal Lake. We devoted thousands of steps to and from the location but given the chance, I would surely do that again. 

It was such a stress- reliever and I am so grateful to be with nature during that time; especially because the day after, I turned 21.

 


Megaworld's Company Outing at White Rock, Zambales (May 25)

This outing is the farthest yet the most boring among the five I have been. Why? Because we served as organizers for this event. We catered to the needs of more than a thousand employees of our company.

Unlike other outings which overemphasize DISTRESS and LEISURE, I had to hurdle with 2:00 A.M. call time, transportation committee duties, and whole day (pre,during, and post-) work. No swimming, only working; all for their happiness.

Nevertheless, it is one way of God telling me to work hard first, and I knew that there will be another chances for me.


Megaworld's HR-CSR Outing at Pansol, Laguna (Jun 23) 

A month after organizing an event for the company, we had our own. It is a simple gathering in very child-friendly private pool. If I would rate this event with 10 being the highest and 1 as lowest, it would be:

6 for satisfaction/ 10 for the billiards/ 9 for the food/ 5 for the bonding... it's a so-so.

I am just thankful to at least be given another two days to relax together with life-size characters from disney, nickelodeon, avengers, and real-life HR-CSR peeps. By the way, I will not discredit my time with CSR while we were preparing the lunch.




Megaworld's Audit-CSR-Executive Team Building at Shercon Resort, Batangas (Jul 28)

And to put an end to my long-lived summer, I joined the Audit-CSR-Executive team building activity. I have to be honest in saying that prior to my participation, I was pissed off with my team- because all of them have other things to do/ in mind. Hence, they were not able to experience what I did. It is indeed ironic to join a team building without all of my team mates.

What made me decide to join is my craving for new acquaintances and the exciting part of being a stranger for two days among bonded groups. I told myself to be real and find time to enjoy and relax. It was just hard because there were moments when I wish my teammates could have been with me, too.

Nevertheless, I eagerly participated in the activities and the bonding sessions. I was also pleased to make friends with some of the scholars of Megaworld Foundation. 

Overall, it was such a great way to end my summer spree.







Prior to having my first work, I saw summer as a means to relax,free your mind and spirit, and get gladly,soaking wet. Never did I imagine that there will be one summer when I will be experiencing all of these for five times, technically speaking.

With this blog and the heavy rain pouring on to the Philippines today due to hanging habagat (not typhoon yet), I officially bid summer goodbye!

'Til we meet again, sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

"Big Magic" (part 1/2)

"Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear" by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of the sensational memoir "Eat, Pray, Love") Non-...

Popular Posts