Sunday, December 2, 2012

My laptop is not a pig! tao siya...


This morning, I watched a film in my laptop, Clayton (his name is John Mayer’s middle name). As usual, I took out his battery to prevent excess heat, and to my dismay, he resisted when I inserted the cable connected to the electric plug.
This is the first time he snubbed me like that. I was nervous.
I had to then use his remaining 17 minutes and see what happens next. As the film progresses, I anxiously watch him take his last breaths. Then it happened. He shut down, still without light when I plugged in the charger and cable… I felt like a part of me has died.
3rd Birthday
On May 14, it’s his junior year. I thought that this is farewell for us. Several minutes after, he lit up again. Thanks God! Clayton has served me well. He has been a very loyal companion through my trying times in college. Among the outputs I did with him were:
*Thesis
*Two Claymations
*Film Script
*Blogs
*Music Video, et al
I am not prepared to let go of him. Just not yet.
Signs of Old Age
Three years for a laptop’s life span is very good. I knew those of my friends who just made it little less than a year. Hence, I am proud of Clayton. Technically, without him, I would not have graduated Cum Laude. It was tough to take on a predominantly technical course like Mass Communication. I needed gadgets, especially an efficient laptop.
After I graduated from college, the disc drive of Clayton failed. I think dusts have accumulated and I have to clean it. More so, I haven’t scanned him in a year, perhaps. 
I may have been insensitive because during his ailing times, I didn’t nurse him.
Whatever Happens: Hibernate, Restart or Shut Down
I know that there have been signs and I have to be more cautious of using him in the future because I might lose him for real. But come what may: hibernate, restart or shut down, I will continue holding him dear; someone who has a place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

"Big Magic" (part 1/2)

"Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear" by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of the sensational memoir "Eat, Pray, Love") Non-...

Popular Posts